This policy describes the information we process to support the Boise River: Source to Snake Service, as made available to you through our websites and mobile applications that link to or reference this policy (the “Service”).
I. What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Boise River: Source to Snake Service, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our Service.
Things you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Service, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a ﬁle was created. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context and what's in them for the purposes described below.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, posts, accounts, hashtags and locations you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Service, such as people you communicate with the most.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used our Service, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Service.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Service. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you or send a message to you.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Service, and we combine this information across diﬀerent devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Service on your phone to better personalize the content or features you see when you use our Service on another device, such as your laptop or tablet.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and ﬁle names and types, and plugins.
- Identiﬁers: unique identiﬁers, device IDs, and other identiﬁers.
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.•Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, and connection speed.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
II. How do we use this information?
Provide, personalize and improve our Service.
We use the information we have to deliver our Service, including to personalize features and content.
- Location-related information: We use location-related information-such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you're near-to provide, personalize and improve our Service, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things like precise device location, IP addresses, and information from your and others' use of the Service.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Service, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new Service and features.
Analyze and improve the Service.
We use the information we have to analyze the use and delivery of the Service and to improve the Service.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Service, and promote safety and security.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Service, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Research and innovate for social good.
We use the information we have (including from research partners we collaborate with) to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
III. How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on the Service
When you share, take actions, and communicate using our Service, those communications are made public. Every user of the Service can see the actions you’ve taken and the communications you’ve made.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Service.
We provide information and content to businesses that sponsor the Service, including businesses that sponsor speciﬁc actions in support of the Boise River that are promoted through the Service and made available for completion by users of the Service.
Vendors and service providers.
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Service is used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Researchers and academics.
We also provide information and content to research partners to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that support our business or mission, and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement as reasonably necessary to comply with the law or legal requests.
IV. How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and erase your data.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our Service, or until your account is deleted - whichever comes ﬁrst. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and actions, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. If you don't want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the Service, you can deactivate your account instead.
V. How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Service, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Service), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and oﬀ our Service.
Information we receive about you can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for terms violations for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
VI. How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We'll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Service.
VII. How to contact us with questions
If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us as described below.
You can contact us online or by mail at: Young Barney, Inc. 770 Bamboo Terrace San Rafael, CA 94903
Last Revision: April 19, 2019